Top 5 Things To Do In Tulum
First let me tell you about Tulum.
One of the most photogenic places of Mexico is Tulum. This archaeological site is beautifully situated on a cliff above the white sand beach and the turquoise sea. From Cancun is 130 km away. Tulum was founded in the year 1000 by the Mayas. It is the only Maya resort by the sea.
- The white beach is the most beautiful place in Tulum. You can snorkel and take a walk on the lovely beach. It is indeed often quiet here on the beach, so you can enjoy the beautiful beach and the turquoise water. On the rocks run regularly iguanas.
- Calaveras Cenote is a popular diving cenote. It lies 4 kilometers from Tulum and is easy to visit. Here you have several snorkeling areas in a cave or in the open air. If you are there around 09:00 pm there is a chance that it’s still quiet . Then you can see the fish and turtles and swim with them.
- Or you can take a cab and ask for how much he can drive you to the most beautiful spots in Tulum for a cenote visit or for delicious Coconuts and the best salsa in town.
- Not far away from Tulum you have Coba. Coba is the longest hidden Mayan City of Mexico so far. This former ceremony site was discovered in the seventies. Between two large lakes, wild animals use as drinking places, Coba and is comprised of a pyramid and a number of low buildings. Two kilometers northeast is a 42 meter high pyramid (La Iglesia), the highest in the Yucatan. Unlike El Castillo at Chichen Itza pyramid has 128 steps. On top you have a fantastic view of the watch tower and the jungle. Do not wear flip-flops on this adventure!
- Then there is Xcaret. If you love animals Xcaret is a must see!
One of the activities at Xcaret is making a nature walk through the park with over 100 different tropical plants. You can stroll through the butterfly garden Butterfly Pavilion. This butterfly garden can be seen more than 5,000 butterflies and park advise you to visit in the morning. In the morning, the butterflies are most active.
In the sanctuary of Xcaret you have the chance to admire exotic birds that are threatened with extinction in a natural environment. You will find 24 different species of birds including parrots, toucans and flamingos. In the sea aquarium you can watch the tropical underwater world of the Caribbean Sea. You can find coral reefs here with lots of different fish but also larger organisms such as sea sharks and stingrays!
You can snorkel in Xcaret and swimming in the underground rivers of the park. You swim or snorkel through caves and secret passageways and can also relax in one of the hammocks on the white sand with clear turquoise sea. Xcaret has several animals that you can admire as Mexican deer. There is a bat cave, islands, home to pumas and jaguars, manatees and monkeys. The park is not comparable to a zoo in the Netherlands. It is an eco theme park where animals in as natural an environment as possible to live with the space.
Stick around, discover and enjoy!
Love from the Wandering Hearts on the road.
– XO Δ-