Taste list of Kuşadası!
Kuşadası is a Turkish resort, 90 kilometers south of Izmir in western Turkey and about the height of the Greek island of Samos. Kuşadası is located on the west coast of Turkey, and is a popular holiday destination for tourists. In the summer, the city has about 300,000 inhabitants, in the winter it is about 50,000. Many people have in fact a holiday house in this city. The name comes from ‘kuş’ (bird) and ‘ada’ (island) and refers to the pigeon island that lies off the coast. There are a few things you should taste in Turkey while you’re there.
- You can eat Gozleme (a savory pancake) on the market or on every corner in the city. They have them with different kind of ingredients: Potato and parsley, Turkish cheese, spinach and potato etc. It goes very well with Ayran. (yogurt drink)
- When you sit on the beach you can go for a corncob with lots of salt. Very delicious!
- One of our favorite is midye with lemon juice! It is a mussel stuffed with rice and herbs like a dolma. Happiness in the mouth. ( Soon we release a recipe)
- Also while you are relaxing on the beach there is always a guy who is selling Simit. Simit is something like a bagel but slightly bigger and with sesame seed on top. When you’re not into fish 😉
- In the evening during a walk at the harbor; We advise you to buy a little bag of fresh sunflower seed and eat it while sitting romantic on a bench staring at the Sea. The sound of the opening of the sunflower seed gives you happiness.
Of course there is much more you need to try in Turkey but these are the things you oversee or don’t pay attention to. It is worth the try. So get your butt out of that chair and take a dolmus to the city away from your all-inclusive hotel and taste the city of Kuşadası.
Stick around, discover and enjoy!
Love from the Wandering Hearts on the road.